According to the Institute of Medicine of The National Academies, there are 100 million Americans suffering with chronic pain. Physicians and patients are becoming more aware of the benefits of treating chronic pain symptoms with compounded pain creams.
The benefits of a topical pain reliever:
- Less systemic absorption than oral medications which may result in a lower risk of drug interactions, as well as, fewer or no side effects.
- Local application of creams by-pass the gastro-intestinal tract which may cause less stomach irritation.
- Local application may also allow the drug to be delivered at the site where it’s needed without going through the liver.
Some of the most commonly prescribed medications for pain management:
The use of transdermal medications, such as compounded pain creams, should be discussed with a physician. A compounding pharmacist is ideal for formulating the prescribed compounded pain cream into the right dosage and strength that is suitable for each patient.
At Boothwyn Pharmacy, we take pride in our role as your specialty pain compounding pharmacy to serve those with special needs.
Our experience, expertise and personalized service will ensure your treatment exceeds your expectations.
Please call our team of Pharmacists with any questions or concerns you may have pertaining to your preparation prescription.
Treatments for, but not limited to:
- Back pain
- Muscle inflammation and spasms
- Neck pain
- Personal injury accidents
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Shoulder pain
- Sports injuries
*These are a list of the most commonly requested ingredients/preparations - other ingredients and preparations are available by request.*